Wednesday, January 24, 2007

VW R32: Missing center cap

A while ago I'd been making my customary circuit around the R when I saw the rear passenger wheel was missing its center cap. Ugh. Serendipitously I had time that same day to stop by a local Volkswagen dealership to purchase a replacement (Part No. 1J0-601-171). It wasn't as expensive as I'd feared and installation was a snap... literally. It pushes straight in.

Before...

and after...

Anywhoo, more pics here, but really, not much more can be said.

4 comments:

  1. Do you think it just popped out?

    Over time, the ones on my Passat seemed to get looser and I was worried about losing them. It happened to some people and I found some ideas on how to make it fit tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it just fell out. I've read about people losing theirs, too--some pretty often! How do you make them fit tighter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought if I wedged a ball of aluminum foil behind the center cap, it would push the clips out far enough so that it would fit tighter in the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my center caps last week. Ordered new caps from centercaps.net They were at my doorstep within 48 hours. Bets going to local VW store. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Archives / Past Journeys

Labels