2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Winter Tire Swap: 13565 km

I installed the winter tires I bought from Tire Rick on to our Yukon XL Denali today--and what an ordeal that was! I'm too tired to tell the whole story right now, but I'll just let you know that I swapped tires 9 times and I'm still not done! Tomorrow I'll have to get one of the tire valves repaired before I'll be finished. I'll spill the beans later. For now, I'm riding on one spare.

The ATX Thug wheels do look pretty good, though, and I'm looking forward to taking some pictures. The weather has been pretty mild and is predicted to stay like that for at least next week, but with my wife due with our 5th child in 3 weeks, I didn't want to leave it too late.

Here's some data from Tire Rack:
  • Firestone Winterforce 265/70R17 = 41 lbs.
  • ATX Thug Black w/Teflon Coating 17x8.5 = 28 lbs.
When I weighed 2 of the rims I got 70 lbs. each for both of them so it looks like Tire Rack's numbers are pretty accurate.

Click below to read about the weight of the stock 20" chrome wheels....

I put all four of the 20" OEM chrome wheels with Bridgestone Dueler 275/55-20 tires on the bathroom scale and got 79 and 79.5 lbs each for three of sets, but one surprisingly came out at 81 lbs.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2006 Honda Odyssey Navigation Screen Hack

Wheel-Tire size comparer

2006 Honda Odyssey - 9229 km - V1 radar detector installed