Sunday, May 27, 2007

VW R32: spring detail

Once a year I like to give my R32 what I call a full exterior detail: washing, claying, polishing, waxing, and then finally the most important step, pictures. ;o)


Since I started using Einszett's Glanz Wax I've been normally waxing the R every 2-3 months. The forecast for this weekend was pretty much hot and sunny, with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoons so I decided the morning would be ideal weather for detailing. My spring detail included:

1) Washing,
2) Claying,
3) Polishing with Einszett's Metallic Polish Wax,
4) Waxing with Einszett's Glanz Wax.

I did everything by hand.

Generally I try to take pictures of my R under the light of dawn or dusk. I think that's the best time of day to take pictures of silver cars. However, by the time I finished detailing it was already bright, sunny, and cloudless. Still, I think the pictures turned out okay.





More pictures.

You can find more information, thoughts, and pictures of my detailing experiences by following this link.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! The Ody will definitely need that when we get over there ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Archives / Past Journeys

Labels