2006 Honda Odyssey - 3580 km - Winter tires mounted

With yesterday's snowfall I finally decided that today was the day to put the winter tires on the Honda Odyssey.

Actually, I didn't make my final decision to do it until noon today when I went outside with the intention of shoveling the driveway. Overnight, the melting snow iced over and everything was frozen. The messy slush that created pools of water everywhere was now replaced with hardened snow and black ice. No chance in me even attempting to shovel the driveway.

Swapping to winter wheels on the Odyssey in the middle of all this snow and ice was not a problem because there was plenty of clearance inside my garage. Also the jacking points were very easy to find and access with the floor jack.

What a difference the Hankook Ice Bear winter tires make. My previous encounter with snow in the Odyssey with the stock all-seasons had me immediately stuck half-way in my driveway. The winter tires had no problems in today's icy conditions.

I weighed the stock wheels and tires and they were about 50 lbs each.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2006 Honda Odyssey Navigation Screen Hack

Wheel-Tire size comparer

2006 Honda Odyssey - 9229 km - V1 radar detector installed