I was not able to weigh the BBS wheels by themselves, but doing a search on several forums shows that most people report them to be 19 lb each. With that information, I was able to estimate the weight of the Hankook Ice Bear winter tires.
- Weds TC105N 17x8, cast = 15 lb (6.8 kg)
- BBS STI 17x8, forged = 19 lb (8.6 kg)
- Bridgestone Potenza RE070 (summer performance tire) 225/45R17 = 27 lb (12.2 kg)
- Hankook Ice Bear W300 (winter performance tire) 225/45R17 = 25.5 lb (11.6 kg)
- Summer wheel/tire combo (Weds/Bridgestone) = 42 lb (19 kg)
- Winter wheel/tire combo (BBS/Hankook) = 44.5 lb (20.2 kg)
When I'm shopping for new high performance tires, I'll definitely be looking for something lighter than the Bridgestone RE070.