Saturday, May 13, 2006

At the speed of electrons


In stark contrast to my dealings with the local Lordco store down the road from my house (see the blog entry here), it was a pleasure to deal with RavSpec Online who happens to be thousands of miles away, across the North American continent in New York.

I recieved an email today telling me that the part I ordered through a group buy was ready to ship and would I please send the final payment. I had a question about the actual amount so I emailed a reply and within minutes I received a response. I promptly sent my payment through PayPal and the product was processed through UPS the same afternoon. Whoo-hoo! I'm so excited. The custom-made carbon fiber roof vane should arrive next week just in time for the long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm already looking forward to seeing your installation pictures ;o) Are you going to install it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It should be pretty straight-forward. I wonder, though, how flexible carbon fiber is. I imagine that roof vane must be under a lot of force when the car is at speed.

    ReplyDelete

Archives / Past Journeys

Labels